Monday, July 25, 2005

Calling all LDS Missionaries who speak "Obscure Mayan" Dialects: Casting Call for Mel Gibson's Next Movie

Ok, not exactly a casting call; but...if you speak whatever "obscure Mayan" Dialect that Gibson is going to use in Apocalypto, you might have just the right combo to score work with Sr. Mel himself. He probably already has some translators I presume; but...chances are, they aren't native English speakers. Just a guess, but this could me a window for some aspiring BYU type.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117926430.html

2 Comments:

Blogger RoastedTomatoes said...

So, what is your official verdict on The Mel? I find him a little too torture-oriented for my tastes.

6:18 PM  
Blogger W. Lyle Stamps said...

I think that Mel has to be divided into three parts:

1. The Passion. You either love it or not.
2. His movies; Braveheart, the one about the U.S. Revolution, etc. These are what the man is about. His newest movie promises to be in this strain. The theme is Freedom via Armed Force. Works for me.
3. Movies he has acted in. Frankly, I don't care or remember any of these.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home